Spring Creek celebrated its 50th year in 2014!
We are proud of the sense of belonging and community at our school!
With consistency and structured, rigorous and engaging learning environments, we believe all students can learn; we believe family and community support is critical; we respect the diversity of our families and community; we, as a team at Spring Creek, strive to create a welcoming and respectful learning environment.
At Spring Creek Elementary, students are engaged in meaningful learning experiences every day that are enhanced by relationships with caring adults. We offer a robust instructional program where we integrate technology into the core academic subjects of English language arts, mathematics, science and the fine arts. Serious about our students’ academic growth, we also believe that school must be a place of joy and celebration where students have a real sense of belonging and possibility. Spring Creek is committed to cultivating critical thinkers who have the 21st Century Skills necessary to become life-long learners who are confident, curious, and compassionate members of society.
- A comprehensive academic, social and emotional program to support the growth and development of the whole child, which includes PE, music, and counseling.
- Spring Creek is an AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) school with an emphasis on growing writing, critical thinking, teamwork, organization and reading skills with the goal of preparing students for college and career.
- As an Apple Distinguished school, Spring Creek offers 1:1 iPads for students in grades 3-5 and laptops for K-2 students. SMART Boards and other digital learning devices are used in every classroom.
- Strong community partnerships with the Eugene Spring Youth Orchestra, Lane Arts Council, City of Eugene, YMCA, Young Rembrandts, PAWS Reading Program, Eugene Symphony and Looking Glass Counseling provides additional learning opportunities and experiences for students.
- Annual Art show showcases our students’ efforts, creativity and accomplishments in the fine arts. This community event brings generations of Spring Creek families back to our school.
- We have a variety of fun events throughout the year keeping students, families and staff involved in our school community such as Family Engineering Nights, math nights, Duck into a Book, movie nights, school carnival, Jog-A-thon, Book Fair, monthly Star Student assemblies, Ice Cream Social and Open House.
- Differentiated and personalized instruction in reading and math supported by our Educational Assistants, Title One team, English Language Development specialist and Special Education team, as well as focusing on the rate and level of learning of our Talented and Gifted (TAG) students. We also offer exciting enrichment opportunities for all students including participation in Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB).
- Effective school-wide Positive Behavior Support and Intervention programs emphasize a safe, respectful, responsible and culturally inclusive environment that enhances academic and social behavior.
- On-site before school care offered by the YMCA, and after school programming by BEST/YMCA offers additional academic support in math and reading, fun enrichment opportunities, a healthy dinner, field trips and a bus ride home.
- Active site council, parent involvement and an outstanding PTO
Please don’t hesitate to contact our office if you would like to learn more about our wonderful school!
Raquel Gwynn, Principal